<span class=Rental Support " />

Rental Support

Help to find a stable and safe home

SYC is a not-for-profit organisation assisting people of all ages to secure stable and safe homes.

Private Rental Assistance

You may be eligible for help from Housing SA to pay bond and rent for:

  • privately rented accommodation
  • residential parks
  • boarding houses and shelters
  • community housing
  • no premium retirement villages.

Housing SA bonds are bond guarantees that are lodged with Consumer and Business Services (CBS).

Help paying bond and rent

Help is available from Housing SA to pay your bond or rent in advance.

Commonwealth Rent Assistance (CRA)

Commonwealth Rent Assistance is a non-taxable income supplement payable to eligible people who rent in the private rental market or community housing.

Public and community housing

For people in rental stress, find out more about housing options, register for public and community housing, learn about associated rents and charges, and make appointments with Housing SA.

Community housing providers

Community housing is an alternative to public housing and caters for people on very low to moderate incomes, who are or may be in rental stress or face barriers to entry into the private housing market.  It provides secure, affordable, long term rental housing for people with specific needs.

Aboriginal housing support

A variety of housing support is available for Aboriginal people, including for those who are moving between home and services or seeking housing in remote and non-remote Aboriginal communities.

Disability Housing Support

There are a range of housing support options for people with a disability including for those living at home, with host families, share houses and public/community housing.

National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS)

National Rental Affordability Scheme rental homes are available to eligible low- and moderate-income Australians who find it hard to pay market rental rates.