The delivery of affordable home ownership supports key economic and social infrastructure for the state, including stimulating the housing construction sector.
Stable housing is recognised as a key pillar to help South Australians succeed in life. It provides stability in people’s lives, which underpins employment, health and education.
The housing market currently supplies only 3.7% of new build homes that are affordable to households on a low- or very low-income (can afford up to $250,000), and 20.2% of housing affordable to households on a moderate-income (can afford up to $367,000).
HomeSeeker SA provides people with a broad range of housing opportunities, information and tools to help them decide what housing choice is right for them, and how best they can access it.
Why you should be involved
As a developer or builder, being involved in HomeSeeker SA will help you to:
- reach and sell to low- and moderate-income home buyers
- understand the diversity of housing stock and tenure types that you can include in your developments to improve vitality and vibrancy in your communities
- support first-time home ownership households in your developments, creating more stable communities with long-term residents
- educate existing renters on the benefits of choosing to own a home
- keep up-to-date with new initiatives in the HomeSeeker SA program
- access the affordable housing land tax concession available from RevenueSA.
How to get involved
There are a number of ways for the building and development industry to get involved in HomeSeeker SA.
For partnership discussions, presentation of ideas and innovations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Build programs and the release of land for sale are made available through SA Tenders and Contracts and Renewal SA.
Information about how to address and include affordable housing in your new housing development under planning or contractual requirements is available here or email email@example.com for more information.
Our HomeSeeker SA prospectus provides information about the benefits of getting involved in HomeSeeker SA.