The delivery of affordable home ownership supports key economic and social infrastructure for the state, including stimulating the housing construction sector.
Stable housing is recognised as a key pillar to help South Australians succeed in life. It provides stability in people’s lives, which underpins employment, health and education.
The housing market currently supplies only 3.7% of new build homes that are affordable to households on a low- or very low-income (can afford up to $250,000), and 20.2% of housing affordable to households on a moderate-income (can afford up to $367,000).
HomeSeeker SA provides people with a broad range of housing opportunities, information and tools to help them decide what housing choice is right for them, and how best they can access it.
- reach and sell to low- and moderate-income home buyers
- understand the diversity of housing stock and tenure types that you can include in your developments to improve vitality and vibrancy in your communities
- support first-time home ownership households in your developments, creating more stable communities with long-term residents
- educate existing renters on the benefits of choosing to own a home
- keep up-to-date with new initiatives in the HomeSeeker SA program
- access the affordable housing land tax concession available from RevenueSA.
There are a number of ways for the building and development industry to get involved in HomeSeeker SA.
For partnership discussions, presentation of ideas and innovations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about how to address and include affordable housing in your new housing development under planning or contractual requirements is available here or email email@example.com for more information.
Our HomeSeeker SA prospectus provides information about the benefits of getting involved in HomeSeeker SA.